Saline drops for infant noses are pure saline water that has been disinfected. Or sodium chloride solution (0.9% Nacl) is a solution that has ingredients similar to the nourishing fluid in the cells of the human body. Therefore suitable for use in dissolving drugs. Can be used to wash the nose, clean wounds, or wipe clean the skin. Saline drops in baby’s nose It should be 0.9% saline or use a 100 cc. saline bottle because if it’s a large bottle it will need to be opened and closed many times. May cause germs to accumulate.
Why use saline to rinse your nose?
Rinsing your nose with saline helps keep your nasal passages open and healthy. This is because the saline cleans away the dried mucus and mucus in the baby’s nose. Helps prevent sinus infections and reduce mucus flowing down the throat. Make your child’s nose more comfortable And the inside of the nasal cavity is still moist. Suitable for babies who are not yet able to blow their own nose. Washing your child’s nose is not dangerous. Because the saline used will have a low concentration. Doesn’t cause burning or irritation. ufabet https://ufabet999.com/
How to use saline drops in a baby’s nose?
How to use saline nose drops for babies Must use caution This is because they are not yet able to blow their nose or control their breathing as well as adults. Therefore, there should be the following steps:
- Wash your hands before using saline drops in your child’s nose.
- Hold your child on your lap. It should be in an upright position or slightly leaning. Place the back of baby’s head on Mom or Dad’s arm.
- Place 2-3 drops of saline in one nostril. Wait a moment for the saline solution to enter your child’s nose.
- Use a red rubber ball to suck out the mucus in your nose. Squeeze the red rubber ball to the max to expel the air, then slowly insert it into the nostril to a depth of about 1-1.5 cm. Then slowly release your squeezed hand to suck the mucus into the red rubber ball. and squeeze out the mucus and discard it in tissue paper Or if using a syringe Blow all air out of the syringe tube first. Then slowly insert the tip of the cylinder into your child’s nose. Then gently suck the mucus out.
- Repeat until there is no mucus left.
How often to instill baby nose drops?
The drops in your baby’s nose depend on how thick or thick the mucus is. It should be instilled 2-6 times a day before breastfeeding or eating food. To prevent the baby from vomiting Or you can just apply it in the morning or before bed.
Saline nose drops How many days can it be stored?
Normal saline cleaning solution can usually be stored in the refrigerator for approximately 30 days. If it exceeds 30 days, it must be discarded. But for saline drops in a baby’s nose, you should use a small bottle. To prevent germs from entering the bottle from the air. Because the large bottle must be left open and used continuously for a long time before it is used up. This will cause germs to accumulate. In general, you should use 100 cc. per bottle in order to use up quickly. So that infection will not occur easily. and should be stored or used completely for no more than 1 week